Before I flit off for the weekend, I thought I’d show you what I did last night. (Otherwise known as crafting under the influence/flitting around the house in my bra because this is the t-shirt I was wearing yesterday when I got inspired.) I got this idea out of a book whose name escapes me at the moment—I’ll come back and post the title when I get a chance to look it up.
[Edit: It’s Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt, though I probably didn’t do it the same way as the project in there that looks like this one because I don’t actually have a copy of the book. There’s a website for the book that has a couple projects, too.]
I love this t-shirt, but it was way too big for me and had shrunk weirdly so that the printing was off-center and it was really, really wide compared to how long it was. It fit like a potato sack. I was complaining about how it fit, and around 11:00 last night I decided I was going to do something about it once and for all.
A few snips and some pins, then I tried it on to make sure I wasn’t making it too small:
I cut some fabric off the sides, made strips from the piece I cut off the bottom, stretched them out to make them curl, snipped holes in the edges, and laced it up. The raw edges will curl up in the wash—t-shirt fabric is forgiving that way—so I’m not to worried that the collar and the bottom edge aren’t quite straight.
After. I could’ve made it a tad smaller, but much better than before: